
Well, I always said I'd never make a blog, but here we are, the times they are a-changing.
Yesterday I was down in Leeds to talk to some great guys from Brahm's Sh! Awards http://www.brahm.com/sh/ after having been shortlisted for my Citizen's Advice Bureau work (above) from Uni. Had a good old chat and a chance to talk about myself, the course, and where to go from here. I found it really helpful, particularly as I've been swithering about whether this is really the life for me. But then I got home, buzzing with ideas and stuff to do and I really think that the energy and motivation that the work gives me is a great sign!
Also they loved some of my copy, said I have some really nice ideas in there (and a love of words which is important too) so it's finalised: I'm a copywriter! They said that having a natural flair for writing is a great thing to have, as we are rarer than art directors and getting even more so. So yay! I'm really pleased that I am finally one or the other, and even though I like AD, like I said to them, I care more about copy and get more annoyed when it's not quite right.
They suggested I take some of the taglines from work I had done this year, wherein the purpose of the brief was more about technique, drop the techniques completely and concentrate on making great ads to go with the great lines. So watch this [ ] space (yes that one right there) until I've had a chance to get to work on Umbro, Cadburys, expanding CAB to work cross-media... and a secret, great, hilarious idea I thought of for Weedol.
If you've just come across me and you'd like to take a look at my work from 2nd year Creative Advertising at Lincoln, visit rubyrosamund.deviantart.com
Looks like a busy summer coming after all!
Love and Sunshine, Ruby
No comments:
Post a Comment