A week off... we've been given a week off!
That might sound like an exclamation of joy, but it isn't really. I've just got into a nice routine. Now they want us to stop working for a week and have a 'Creative Detox', which I could understand had it been a particularly stressful term so far. It hasn't. At least not for me. And at the end of the week we get a lecture on this 'Creative Detox'. A lecture? On how to stop and take a break? If a student ever needed one of those, then I'm a monkey's uncle.
So what am I going to do with my week? Hopefully, jazz up my book a bit. I'm going to Edinburgh next week and hoping to drop in on some agencies if they'll have me. Another option, get on with my Dissertation. Neither of these are really relaxing or getting away from work, but hey, when I'm working proper, I can book my holidays for whenI want them.
Stop working? Just try and make me!
Rubes
How did the detox go in the end? Looked quite interesting from the Lincoln ad-course blog page.
ReplyDeletehey, sorry never noticed this comment! In my opinion, it was slightly dull, but I'm in an odd position as my parents ran a lot of things like this before (and ive been with them) so I was probably over-analysing it all. Also, I think it's designed more for older people who have been in the industry a while and forgotten how to 'open their minds' to new ideas. Whereas as students that's pretty much all we do anyway... Everyone else had a grand old time so I take it as a success!
ReplyDelete