Ok, not really.
Just saying, I have nearly finished watching Jericho, a US drama about a small Kansas town that is one of a very few to survive a massive nuclear attack on the USA. It is, as adlandsuit would say, fuckawesome.
It's all a bit complicated and I don't want to ruin it for you, but the plot goes: 23 bombs hit major US cities and chaos ensues. There's some secretive sorts who know too much about what's going on, and everyone else just trying to get by without electricity or any real contact with the outside world. Then deals go bad or good or people leave and come back and the personal lives of the main characters just make everything awfully complex. Mayor Green (ex US ranger), his wife and sons, their friends and neighbours, the local gangters, his election rival, and the leaders of surrounding towns are all trying to work together but of course have very different priorities. And so the story could march on forever...
Can't believe it got cancelled after only 29 episodes. Sad times.
I think it probably ended that way because it was just a wee bit too close to home for the US market. It came out in 2005 when the country was still reeling from the 9/11 attacks, so I think there may have been a little "I don't want to believe that this could really happen" sort of attitude.
Anyway, so, Jericho = two thumbs up. Now I need to go find out if Stanley and Mimi get married because that sort of thing generally ends badly in dramas that include a lot of people dying. Just look at Eastenders - people who get married on that show might as well sign their divorce papers and death certificates on the same day as they do the register!
Oh, the tension...
Rubes x
No comments:
Post a Comment