Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Dissertation Complete.

My dissertation is finished! Marvellous.

I would like to thank: Hamish Pringle for his excellent book, 'Celebrity Sells'. And Chris Rojek, P. David Marshall and all the many authors, researchers and journalists whose work I sourced. Also, tutors Tim, Mike and Annie and our subject Librarian, Frederick. But most importantly, I would like to thank India for the Tea.

The title is "How do Celebrities Affect our Spending Habits? - a paper on the interactions between brands, celebrities and the general public."

I could have raved on for much longer than 8,000 words. Really, some interesting stuff, a lot of people spend a lot of time discussing popular culture and celebrity. This essay was more of an overview, looking at examples of Endorsement, Sponsorship, Tabloids, Music in Advertising, and Product Placement. If you would like to read it, drop me an email at the address on my homepage...
that's the link over there by my face >>
and I will email you back the document.

It feels like a huge weight has gone from my shoulders, although spending a WHOLE DAY sorting out the referencing system has left me with a deep hatred of Harvard, and whichever git there designed their citation rules. If ever a dude needed a lesson in simplification...

Rubes x

No comments:

Post a Comment