Have we got a lot of work to do this term!
Oh. My. Yes we do.
Including some things that will take less time than expected (hopefully), some that will take more; some that need doing sooner and some later, and some more important than others. But still, a crap-load-ton of work to be getting on with.
On the plus side, we have visiting lecturers aplenty to help
1. Space out the work we have to do with some different kinds of teaching/working. Rory Sutherland will be coming by and for his lecture, we are actually in a lecture theatre! There's a first time for everything!
2. Teach us valuable and important stuff about the industry, including small, specific tutorials for Art Directors/Copywriters separately (led by Alex Taylor and Roger Horberry respectively). Yay! Copywriting, here I come!
3. Drive us absolutely mad as there will undoubtedly be other things we could be getting on with!
In between these lectures and workshops, We have 2 YCN briefs to complete, 2 D&AD briefs to start and complete, dissertation to do, and a brief set by either Karmarama, Ogilvy or W&K to be critted by senior creatives at the agencies! Yikes! (Fingers crossed that I get to go to Karmarama!)
I also have fun at the fair next monday as I jet off home to Scotland, visiting the Gate and Leith Agencies in the process! The battle for time commences thus, as my book crits are on a monday I will miss my WIP for first draft D&AD, setting me back slightly, but hopefully I can catch up fairly sharpish... And plenty of time on the train to do this damned dissertation. Why can't it just die!
Once again I must sign off with what is becoming a mantra:
Lots to do, lots to do!
Rubes x
No comments:
Post a Comment