I do collect the odd Typo, when I see them dotted about the news-web.
The Sun have picked up on the atrocious state of writing and grammar today, and published an article entitled "Is the UK littered with Illiteracy?" Very catchy I must say. Also has a picture of a naked schoolmarm, no wonder noone is learning to read. But of course the wonderful, wonderful Sun has given us even more joy today in the first paragraph of the article:
"FROM scattershot apostrophes to the Oxford comma, nothing gets some people more worked up than seeing our beloved language put through the mangel."
Mangel? a Mangel? That's like a mangy angel right? Cos I never put anything through a mangy angel. On the other hand, perhaps the Sun meant to write MANGLE but are just as retarded as their readers and, like many online news outlets, unable to work the spellchecker function.
How hard is it to proof read, morons?
Read more of the article, if you feel you need the Sun's expert help with your words... Likely.
Rubes x
Fighting for Spellcheckers everywhere!
haha what irony ... considering the content of the piece I'd have double checked everything!
ReplyDelete