
I watched 6 seasons of NCIS this past month. Yeah, seasons. That's like... 120-odd episodes. An average of 3 a day.
I didn't do this because I'm some mad criminal drama freak (which I am, anyway) but because I got so into the back stories of the characters. It became like reading a book. When you watch something on TV, you still get all the story parts but split up, as though you read a chapter a week and then forget about it. Watching them all back to front gave a much bigger picture, and like with a book, I watched more episodes in a row when something big was happening.
The cliffhangers really stuck to me, I couldn't wait to turn the page. Or rather, play the next episode. The token crime in each episode became more of a way to balance out what was going on with the running stories.
And some of them were bloody fantastic too. But I don't do spoilers.
I cried at it, a few times. Never cried at a TV show before, but some pretty sad stuff happened and i cry at sad stuff in books and movies sometimes too. Whether this just means the writers are excellent or I am a sad freak, I think it's done something pretty special and I like to think it worked that way because of HOW I watched it. Otherwise, I am just a little too emotional...
This is the way to watch TV!
Ruby
No comments:
Post a Comment