This week we have another lecture from the lovely Dave Morris - a really nice guy and a great teacher. For this weeks lecture he asked us (among other things) to collect a range of Human Truths:
One of parents.
One of our childhood.
One from a comedian.
One from a book/play/film.
One from our own experience.
This has been fun in itself, but I'm especially pleased because scouring my bookshelves turned up this beautiful, wonderful book by Dodie Smith, that I had quite forgotten about. Even looking at the cover puts a smile on my face. The disfunctional family, the hopes and dreams of such a naive, and yet wise narrator, the beautiful imagery and setting - I love the story. And I've only read it twice! So time to start over. If you haven't read it - I would recommend you do. Particularly if you need to feel better, or want reassurance that there are perfectly crazy normal people just like you all over the place. Which there are.
Oh... the Truths you ask? Well the one from this rather excellent book is "Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression."
The others I will keep secret in case my classmates are secretly following me...
Stalkers!
Love Rubes x
Can I hear your other truths in a facebook message?!
ReplyDeleteYea sure :)
ReplyDelete