Saturday, 12 December 2009

Scandals of the decade!

As my dissertation is on Celebrities and how they affect out spending habits, and since I have loads to do but I am procrastinating, and also because top-10's seem to be 'in' at the minute, here's a list of my top scandals of the last few years.

1. Kate Moss Cocaine Addict. Need we say more!



2. Chris Brown beats up Rhianna. What a cunt! The worst thing about this story is that I recently found all kinds of gossip websites with comments saying stuff like 'Well she must have done something to deserve it.' Really? Does ANY woman deserve to be battered by the man she loves? Those twisted, evil people.

3. Blind Politician able to satisfy wife AND mistress! Zomg! (Lost the wife, and career, but oh well.) I never really understood why everyone was so shocked by this, just because he's blind doesn't mean he can't screw up. Or indeed, that he can't be lovely once you get to know him... Our very own Quasimodo.



4. Kerry Katona Kerazy. What a shocker, eh! Who'd a' thunk it! Fat/thin/fat/thin - coke/frozen foods/coke/frozen foods... And in Atomic Kitten! CLEARLY CRAZY FROM THE START.

5. Britney shaves her head. So what? This was made infinately more important and newsworthy by Chris Crock'er'shit and his whining, teary rant on Youtube which clocked 4,000,000 hits in 2 days when the story broke. Hi-larious.



6. MP's have poor taste in pond Decoration. And don't know how much they should reasonably be paying for decorating and electrical. And need taxi's for their little fat-cat legs, etc, etc, etc. There is more of this in the paper today. I'm over it, but the column inches don't lie, this is a big, big deal in the noughties.

7. TV phone lines will rob you of every penny you own. Anyone who ever fell for those things deserves to be poor anyway. They clearly can't think for themselves... And the only one that was ever worth entering was the Gadget Show, tch.

8. Tour de France Cyclists on doping charges. Well you'd have to be stoned to do that really, wouldn't you.

9. 10 of the 12 Spanish Basketball Paralympians who won Gold in 2000 aren't disabled. Hilarious, even if it is in bad taste! And it helped create 'The Ringer', I'm fairly certain. A funny feel-good film with Johnny Knoxville, which teeters on the edge of 'acceptable' but turns out ok in the end...



10. "I bought my knighthood fair and square!" Politicians prove once again that it is specifically their money that is the route of all evil. Why'd you need an MBE anyway? It's not like you get the keys to Balmoral, huge tracts of land (Blackadder geeks?), or anything...

Well now I really should get the 'fear' on and start doing some actual work!

Rubes x

No comments:

Post a Comment